Our Response to COVID-19
Updated as of January 1, 2021
We understand that the things most important to you during these uncertain times are help, guidance and the ability to find the information you need in one place. Here’s an outline of what help is available to you and the precautions we’re taking.
Our Response to COVID-19: All Members, Guests and Employees must wear a face mask or face covering. Members without face coverings will not be permitted inside the Credit Union. If you need a face mask we
are happy to provide you one. We are here for you and are open regular business hours.
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM.
To maintain a safe environment for our members, we are practicing social distancing: Please do not invade the space of other members. The health and safety of our members is our primary concern and the cornerstone of our practice philosophy. We are closely following the CDC (Center for Disease Control) for updates on monitoring the risks posed to our members by the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak.
Our On-Going Efforts
1. Daily Monitoring of the ADA-created website to monitor developments on the spread of the virus at
2. Discussion of any updates with our team daily at our morning meeting
3. Continue best-practices of room disinfection
4. Our office will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day; this includes all surface areas that we are touching, counter-tops, doorknobs, chairs, all waiting room seating and tables.
We ask that members do not physically enter the office if any of the following applies to you:
• You feel sick or have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing; OR
• You have been in close physical contact with someone who:
• Has recently visited China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Italy, or any area where there is a COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak; OR
• Feels sick or has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. We also ask to refrain from bringing other people with you (such as siblings, friends and other family members) in order to keep our common areas less crowded and keep everyone safe.
If you fit into any of the above categories, and you have a concern or emergency, please call us. We will explore safe solutions in addressing your situation in a timely and effective manner. Thank you and our prayers are with you.
If you have been exposed to Covid or have been laid off please call the Credit Union to see what help we can offer you.
We are here for you and are just a phone call away. Please call 713-462-5552.
Charlotte Aubry and the entire Board of Directors and Staff